The traditional question "What will you do on New Year's Eve?" is also important this year, and maybe even more relevant, because the 2021 celebration is limited to our home space. During Christmas, we already checked that despite the restrictions, the holidays still come and to a large extent it depends only on us how festive they will be. We've already made our New Year's Eve plans, so we want to share ideas for how to create a beautiful celebration at home, whether it's on Zoom , with your significant other, or with family.
1. Festive look
We don't recommend a thick layer of glitter, but we certainly know that appearance affects how we feel. We invite you to jump from 'home' clothes to something more festive at least this evening. We will also choose comfortable, but not everyday clothes and details on New Year's Eve. After all, it is possible to create a more festive mood simply with the help of selected accessories, for example, tying a ponytail with a ribbon, putting on earrings or putting on a pendant.
Perupe offers different minimalist jewelry designs, maybe we can inspire you to dress up a little?
2. Game Psych!
During this period when we can't meet friends and colleagues, we discovered a particularly fun game through the mobile app Psych! . The game has paid and free versions. During a virtual party, you can download this app and spend time together interactively, turn on creativity and get a big dose of laughter. During the game you have to answer questions about the players. Answers are offered by all players and then a vote is held on which answer was the most accurate. Perupe team and I tested The Truth Comes Out Teaser free app game, we rate it 10/10. By the way, the game was created by Ellen DeGeneres, so it's as witty as she is.
We adore cinema... And welcoming the New Year with a good movie is, agree, not such a bad offer. If you want to create a more interesting experience while watching a movie, we recommend using multimedia. Don't have a projector? It can be rented for a small price on the dalinuosi.lt page. Don't forget the popcorn!
Our 14 recommended movies to ring in the New Year:
1. Bohemian Rhapsody (2019) - Go3
2. The Lion King (2019) - Go3
3. The Greatest Showman (2017) Go3
4. Aladdin (Aladdin, 2019) - Go3
5. Only Lovers Left Alive (2013) - Go3
6. New Year's Eve (2011) - Netflix
7. Bridget Jones's Diary (2001) - Netflix
8. The Holiday (2006) - Netflix
9. Time Bridge (About Time, 2013) - Netflix
10. Forrest Gump (1994) - Netflix
11. Sex and the City (film) (Sex and the City: The Movie, 2008) - Netflix
12. Holiday (2020) - Netflix
13. The Great Gatsby (2013) - Netflix
14. The Age of Adaline (2015) - People cinema
4. Music and dancing
Do not forget that dancing is not prohibited. But if the suggestion of dancing sounds too strange, this playlist is perfect for dinner, conversation, games and is sure to warm hearts. You can find all the tracks in the following Spotify playlists:
Our recommended songs:1. David Bowie - Heroes
2. Paul McCartney - Fuh You
3. Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen
4. John Lennon - Stand by Me
5. Bee Gees - More Than a Women
6. Freddie Mercury - I was Born to Love You
7. Joe Cocker - Feeling Alright
8. Annie Lennox - I Put a Spell on You
9. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
10. The Zombies - Time of the Season
5. Festive drinks
With little effort, you can make a pink lemonade cocktail for New Year's greetings. This cocktail can be made non-alcoholic or with alcohol. You can buy pink lemonade In the wine cellar . Not only is it refreshing, but it's also a nice-looking accent to the evening!
- 3-4 ice cubes
- A. sh. sugar
- 20 ml of lemon juice
- 250 ml of lemonade
- Fresh mint
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 50 ml of gin
- 100 ml prosecco
- 200 ml of lemonade
- A slice of lemon
- A sprig of fresh thyme
6. Festive dinner
One of the main holiday elements for us is delicious food, and we are not ashamed of it at all. Today we are choosing between two unusual dishes for us - mussels in coconut milk and white wine sauce and vegetarian lasagna.
Mussels in coconut milk and white wine sauce recipe:
You can find the most delicious interpretation of this dish here . You can find frozen mussels in major supermarkets, 1 kg costs about 6 euros, and this amount is enough for two people.
Vegetarian lasagna recipe:
Grandma bakes the tastiest lasagna and knows the recipe, but we believe that you will succeed too!
- Lasagna sheets
- Tomato sauce ( recipe ) (we suggest making it yourself proportionally, using smaller quantities)
- Mozzarella cheese (you can layer with hard cheese)
- 500 g pumpkin (peeled and hollowed out)
- Half a sweet pepper
- 170 g of champignons
- Can of canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp. ground sweet pepper
- ½ tbsp. ground hot peppers
- ½ tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Fry onion and garlic
- Add diced pepper
- After a few minutes, add chopped champignons
- After a few minutes, add the cubed pumpkin
- After a few minutes, add tomatoes and spices, sugar, mix everything and fry until everything is soft, stirring constantly
- Prepare the sheets according to the instructions on the package
- Layer: sheet - tomato sauce - cheese - filling - sheet
- Bake at 180 temp. 30 minutes
We wish to create a beautiful holiday, even if we have to welcome the New Year this year a little differently than we imagined. May 2021 bring more sunny days, optimism and bold ideas!