Quarantine has brought many changes and challenges to all of our lives. We want to invite you to focus on positive things and take care of your body and thoughts during this difficult period!
Of course, books have to come first. What better time to read than when we're at home? And to make it easier to choose what to read, check out Perupe's recommendations:
- Phil Knight Shoe Dog (org. Shoe Dog, ), 2019 (Goodreads 4.48) - if you want to mentally travel to distant lands and believe that everything is possible, but also be surprised at how much effort and risk the achieved goal can cost. A memoir by the founder of Nike that will read like a novel.
- The Schopenhauer Cure by Irvin D. Yalom (org. The Schopenhauer Cure ), 2016 (Goodreads 4.24) is a great novel if you are interested in psychology and philosophy.
- Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estés , 2006 ( Goodreads 4.09) - a literary masterpiece for those looking for depth.
- Michelle Obama My Story (org. Becoming ), 2018 (Goodreads 4.53) - a true story that began in a two-room apartment, continued in the White House and still has not ended. A reminder to all of us that we can become anything we want.
- James Clear Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones (org. Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones ), 2018 (Goodreads 4.35) - great help for self-help book lovers the topic of habit formation.
Do you need to wash the dishes, clean the house, or do you want to relax but have a meaningful time? This is where the podcasts come in. Our recommendations:
Podcasts in Lithuanian:
- Juice - a podcast about relationships, our bodies and sex.
- Unpacked - excellent information on ecology and sustainability.
Podcasts in English:
- What Do People Do - get inspiration and knowledge about career and emotional health.
- The Diary of A CEO by Steven Bartlett - thoughts on business, self-development and improvement.
We recommend unforgettable films that will strengthen the feeling that everything is possible and send the message "everything will be fine":
- The Green Book ( 2018 ) - Amazon
- The Pursuit of Happiness (2006) - Amazon
- Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) - Amazon
- Don't Worry He Won't Get Far On Foot ( Don't Worry He Won't Get Far On Foot, 2018) - People cinema
- Concussion (2016) - Go3
- The Grand Seduction (2013) - Amazon
- The Little Prince (2015) - People cinema
- Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) - Google Play
- Morning rituals
We have noticed that we get up less and less time before the start of the working day. Maybe you take your computer to bed with your eyes closed, start working and go to the kitchen in your bathrobe during lunch? STOP! We present a completely different approach to this global regression. It is extremely important to start the day "on the right foot". For us, this means waking up earlier, enjoying a pleasantly hot or energizing cold shower, taking care of your hair and skin, carefully choosing your clothes, and wearing your favorite Perupe jewelry. Such actions bring more feeling that we are in control of our life, choices, give confidence, and external preparation for the working day gives a much better internal mood.
- Bath, beauty treatments
The name probably says it all. An hour of relaxation in a bubble bath is a great rest for body and mind. It just takes time! We can definitely discover it during quarantine, right? Put on your favorite face mask, prepare a body scrub, light a scented candle. If you want, turn on the music or take a book - everything is possible. Most importantly, enjoy yourself.
We won't deny it, we are too lazy to do sports at home. But the best feeling is to overcome that laziness and move a little. We suggest you think together about what could motivate you:
- New sports program/new sports equipment (rubber, weights or gym ball). We can also make some sports equipment from things we have at home. For example, water bottles can become weights.
- Try a whole new sport with the help of Youtube (yoga, pilates, aerobics or zumba). Our discovery during the quarantine is sports exercises combined with music . It's a super fun way to exercise at home!
- Exercise with a trainer online (group and personal training). Currently, many sports clubs are doing free online training on their Facebook pages. Just be quick to choose!
- Do sports with the housemates . What can motivate better than sports with company?
- Set a goal (prepare for a half-marathon or climb Everest, get rid of back pain or do splits). It is important not to push yourself, choose exercises according to your physical capacity and increase the load slowly.
- To step . We can't go far from home, but here you can see undiscovered walking routes nearby .
- A healthy diet
Because there IS time now. There is no longer an excuse that it is impossible to have a healthy lunch in cafeterias. Grab a recipe book or dive into the internet for recipes and ideas. Make it a game and a challenge. Eating delicious, healthy, and even after making it yourself - the feeling of strength!
- Learn something new
Let's learn! Together with the Perupe team, we have discovered "Auk su Google" a free online training platform . The training in this virtual space will help you find/change a job, grow your career or business. Now is a great time to improve!
If you are advanced in meditation, we simply encourage you not to forget this great habit. If you want to get started, we recommend tested mobile apps that will help you calm your mind, relax, live happier and more consciously:
- Calm - Meditate, Sleep, Relax
- The Mindfulness App: relax, calm, focus and sleep
- Headspace: Meditation & Sleep
10. To dream
This point, in our opinion, is the most important, because without dreams we simply do not move from the place either physically or psychologically. Turning in a circle and rushing, we often do not find time to reflect on what stage of life we are in, what we are happy about, what we would like to change, what we would like to achieve, what we would like to become. With a cup of coffee in the morning or tea in the evening, let yourself take a deep breath and dream. Completely free, without limits. It is even better, and highly recommended, if you write down your thoughts, even the most improbable ones. Then imagine that everything is coming true. How does everything look? How does it feel? In the long run, you won't even notice how your mind will start looking for and noticing opportunities to make your dreams come true, just give it (yourself?) time. Important: dream about what you will be and what you will do, not others.